Bremen, St.Petri Cathedral
This instrument is one of the most important german romantic organs.
The organ of Bremen cathedral was built by Wilhelm Sauer (Frankfurt/Oder) in 1894 with 63 stops (opus 951). In 1905 a 4th mannual was added and the number of stops increased to 70. In 1939 more stops were added but caracteristical romantic stops (strings) were removed. He organ had now 98 stops. It was damaged during Word War II . In 1958 the organ was restored, but only 1993 it has been decided to rebuilt the organ in it's state from 1905. These works were completed by Christian Scheffler in 1996.