alt-tag
Mons, Collégiale Sainte-Waudru
Behind the monumental organ facade from 1780 in the style of Louis the 16th emerges a modern instrument that was built in 2016 within the collaboration of the organ-building companies Thomas (Stavelot, B) and Klais (Bonn, D).

This four-manual 65-rank organ has two baroque partial divisions (Rückpositiv and Hauptwerk) as well as a large symphonic swell, a solo division and a 32'-based pedal. It allows the performance of a very wide repertoire and easily fills the cathedral acoustics of the Collégiale Saint-Waudru, which was built between 1450 and 1691 and is 115 m long, 32 wide and 24.5 m high.